Sponsor Links

Monday, October 23, 2006

Materazzi's Confession

Materazzi's Confession

On 5 September 2006, Materazzi told the daily Gazzetta dello Sport "I did not provoke him, I responded verbally to a provocation. We both spoke and I wasn't the first. I held his shirt but don't you think it is a provocation to say that 'if you want my shirt I will give it you afterwards'? I replied to Zidane that I would prefer his sister, that is true. I brought up his sister and that wasn't a nice thing, that is true. Thankfully there are tens of footballers who could confirm that much worse things are said on the field." "He has not apologised to me and I certainly don't have to apologise to him. If anything, I owe apologies to his sister, although I swear, before all this mess I didn't even know Zidane had a sister". The Inter Milan defender then added, "If peace can be made after terrible wars, can Zidane and I not make peace? A peace between men, without much publicity, certainly yes. The door of my house will always be open to him and if he wants, Zidane knows how to find out my address.

Zinadine Zidane

No comments: